Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Proverbs 31-

Proverbs 31-
8 "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. 9 Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy."

The Proverbs 31 wife :)
My parents gave me a ruby purity ring after having me study this chapter in High School. I still have it :) It was a gift to remind me what kind of woman God wanted me to be! I'm still working on it!!!! Oh this is going to be tough, seeing what areas I'm lacking!

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.

11 Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
I pray that I can be this wife to my spouse, bringing him good and not harm but know sometimes I fail at this.

13 She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.
Eager hands. Sets about her work vigorously. (vs 17) Remembering the work I do is done for the glory of God does help me to set about my tasks with a better attitude!

15 She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls. Yikes! Still having a tough time with this one! I like vs 18 "her lamp does not go out at night!" Getting up before my family is up is on my "to do" list! I'm usually up before the kids but Robby's usually up before me!

16 She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. (I have no earnings!)

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. I'm not always laughing at the future but memorizing scripture from Matthew 6 definitely has helped me worry less and laugh more!

26 She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. Need to work on!

20 She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Lord, most of all, I want my children to grow up knowing you, loving you and serving you. You've put this great task on my heart and I pray Lord you help give me the patience to instill in my children these important virtues!

No comments:

Post a Comment