Friday, March 6, 2009

Numbers 15, 16, 17 Proverbs 21-

Numbers 15, 16, 17
'But anyone who sins defiantly, whether native-born or alien, blasphemes the LORD, and that person must be cut off from his people. 31 Because he has despised the LORD's word and broken his commands, that person must surely be cut off; his guilt remains on him.' 9 You will have these tassels to look at and so you will remember all the commands of the LORD, that you may obey them and not prostitute yourselves by going after the lusts of your own hearts and eyes. 40 Then you will remember to obey all my commands and will be consecrated to your God.


God, I am guilty of defiantly sinning. Continue Lord to work in my heart, conform me more to whom you want me to be. I want to keep your commands! I want to obey and remember what you've commanded, not going after the desires I might have in my life that aren't pleasing to you. Consecrate me, sanctify me.

41 I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am the LORD your God.' " God you are ALL powerful. Thank you for creating us in your own image and help us to remember who's in charge. Not my will but yours be done. Luke 22:42

16:1- became insolent and rose up against Moses., well known community leaders who had been appointed members of council.
It is against the LORD that you and all your followers have banded together. Who is Aaron that you should grumble against him?"

These were leaders, well known people of their community who rose up against Moses. God help us to call out false teachers and people who have their own selfish motives rather than desiring what you want from their lives.

God you took the lives of men who spoke out against Moses! Keep me fearful of you.
30 But if the LORD brings about something totally new, and the earth opens its mouth and swallows them, with everything that belongs to them, and they go down alive into the grave, then you will know that these men have treated the LORD with contempt." 31 As soon as he finished saying all this, the ground under them split apart 32 and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them, with their households and all Korah's men and all their possessions. 33 They went down alive into the grave, with everything they owned; the earth closed over them, and they perished and were gone from the community. 49 But 14,700 people died from the plague, in addition to those who had died because of Korah. This is a reminder that sin has consequences.

38 the censers of the men who sinned at the cost of their lives.

The sin these men committed cost them their lives. God, thank you for forgiveness of sin. Help keep me from sinning, for you've commanded
Go and sin no more"! John 8:11

Proverbs 21-

Lord, help guide my paths, help me to do what is right, help me not to have a proud heart because it's sin God. Help me to be purposeful with the time you've given me, to plan and be diligent!
.
Vs 2 All a man's ways seem right to him, but the LORD weighs the heart.
Vs 3 To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.
Vs 4 Haughty eyes and a proud heart, the lamp of the wicked, are sin!
Vs 5 The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty.

Vs 6 A fortune made by a lying tongue is a fleeting vapor and a deadly snare.
Help me God to only speak the truth, even when it might seem to cost me something, knowing that you reward truth and not lies! Help me not to compare ourselves to others who seem to have prospered by lies God, knowing their punishment awaits because God hates lying lips. Proverbs 6:17 Proverbs 12:22

7 The violence of the wicked will drag them away, for they refuse to do what is right.
Help me God to not refuse what is right. James 4:17 For him to know to do good and not do it, to him it is sin.

9 Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.
19 Better to live in a desert than with a quarrelsome and ill-tempered wife.
God help me to be a good wife to my husband that you've blessed me with. Keep me from being quarrelsome with him but to talk to him with reverence and respect. I looked up ill tempered and it says annoyed, irritable, crabbed. God, work in my heart, help me not to be annoyed by things or have a temper towards my spouse.

Vs 13 If a man shuts his ears to the cry of the poor, he too will cry out and not be answered.
Help me to hear the cries of people in need, give me a spirit filled with compassion.

21 He who pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.
Help me God to pursue righteousness with my whole heart! Let everything in me be well pleasing to you!

23 He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity.
Help me to think before I speak, to watch what I say Lord.

25-26 The sluggard's craving will be the death of him, because his hands refuse to work. All day long he craves for more, but the righteous give without sparing.
I want to deny my sluggish side, deny the sinful cravings within and instead make the best use of my time.

28 A false witness will perish, and whoever listens to him will be destroyed forever.
Lord, help me to remember that people who distort your word will be punished and destroyed and held accountable for what they teach and we'll be held accountable to what good bereans we are. Help me to study your word because your word is truth John 17:17.

No comments:

Post a Comment