Monday, March 9, 2009

Proverbs 24- Numbers 22-23

Men can ask us to do things that are wrong, against God. Here's the response that Balaam said to Balak: But Balaam answered them, "Even if Balak gave me his palace filled with silver and gold, I could not do anything great or small to go beyond the command of the LORD my God. 21:8 How can I curse those whom God has not cursed? How can I denounce those whom the LORD has not denounced?" Even when offered great riches, he said he couldn't go against God!

This chapter has the talking donkey in it too :) Chapter 21- The donkey spoke and Balaam spoke right back to the donkey!

Then the LORD opened the donkey's mouth, and she said to Balaam, "What have I done to you to make you beat me these three times?" 29 Balaam answered the donkey, "You have made a fool of me! If I had a sword in my hand, I would kill you right now." 30 The donkey said to Balaam, "Am I not your own donkey, which you have always ridden, to this day? Have I been in the habit of doing this to you?" "No," he said. 31 Then the LORD opened Balaam's eyes, and he saw the angel of the LORD standing in the road with his sword drawn. So he bowed low and fell facedown.

19 God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?

Great verse! God doesn't lie, He doesn't change Him mind, He fulfills promises!!!

Proverbs-
10 If you falter in times of trouble, how small is your strength!

I LOVE this VERSE! If I falter in times of trouble, how small is my strength??? God is able to give me the strength to accomplish what's been put in front of me. Help me to remember this and not to falter when things are tough!

12 If you say, "But we knew nothing about this," does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who guards your life know it? Will he not repay each person according to what he has done?

God knows my life! He knows what I've done and will do. Thank you God for loving me and caring about me and hearing me when I call out to you!

17Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do not let your heart rejoice, 18 or the LORD will see and disapprove and turn his wrath away from him.
19 Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of the wicked, 20 for the evil man has no future hope, and the lamp of the wicked will be snuffed out.

We're not to fear man and what they can do to us, God will judge. Matthew 10:28 And be not afraid of them that kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

27 Finish your outdoor work and get your fields ready; after that, build your house.
33 A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest-
34 and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man.
The Bible has called us to work and to do our best with the work we've been given! If we rest and discard the work we've been given, we're sure to have poverty! We're to prepare and ready ourselves for whatever work God is calling us to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment