Friday, January 2, 2009

A new year

Happy New Year!

Time to start reading through the Bible in a year :)

Genesis 1-
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

I love how plainly God explains the entire universe!
The earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

So clearly the Truth has been written. Why do people search for other answers? In the beginning GOD! God said it, and it was so! Enough said.

I love verse 17 about the stars...God set them in the expanse of the sky! This chapter just proves how much we need to be in awe of our Creator!

And, verse 27-28a...God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. God blessed them...


Genesis 2-
The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. How amazing is it...the thought that from DIRT, God created man! He then created woman from man's rib (vs. 21)! Bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh.

In verse 15 we learn that God "put him in the Garden of Eden to WORK"! That was before the fall of man :) What a great reminder for me to work and to do my work as unto the Lord.

It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him. I'm so thankful to have the honor of being a spouse and being called to be a helper to my spouse!

Matthew 1-
Jesus' genealogy

There are 5 women mentioned in the lineage of Jesus!
Tamar (3) Ruth (5) Rahab (5) Uriah's wife (6), Mary (16).

Just recently I realized that the book of Matthew points out the lineage of Joseph and not Mary (that's found in a different gospel) and how Joseph is referred to as the Father of Jesus when really, that's God!

I love verse 21, the words of the angel of the Lord "he will save his people from their sins". That's the whole reason Jesus came to earth! Thank you God for sending your Son into the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment