Friday, January 2, 2009

Genesis 3-4 Matthew 2

Genesis 3-
I always found it interesting that the serpent is never called "Satan" or the "Devil" in the passage of Genesis.....

Thinking about yesterdays passage too, God had told Adam the rule about the tree before Eve was created. I wonder if Eve doubted her husband, since he would have had to tell her God's rule about the tree?

It's sad that a lie from the serpent made Eve doubt enough to drive her to sin.

Verse 8- How awesome it would have been to hear the sound of the Lord walking! I yearn for the day when I can be in God's presence, experiencing Him the way He'd intended!

Verse 22- God I believe is referring to the trinity, when He said "the man has now become like one of us". The "us" must be Christ and the Holy Spirit!

I wonder what happened to the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Were they destroyed in the flood? Verse 24 says that a flaming sword and cherubim are guarding them.

Genesis 4-
In this chapter, we learn that God looked with favor on Abel and in verse 5, He did not look with favor. This reminds me of "why does God save any of us"? If God created us, doesn't He have the right to choose who He'll give His favor to and who He'll refuse? Then for Cain to LIE to God after committing murder! (vs. 9)

It's so sad too to see how sin can progress. First, can was very angry (vs. 5) and then in verse 8, he killed his brother! God even personally warned Cain in verse 7. "If you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it." What a good warning for all of us to avoid sin!!! (James 1:15)

Verse 16 says Cain went out from the Lord's presence...this verse I find interesting because, God is omnipresent! It's also interesting how the last verse says "then men began to call on the Lord".

Matthew 2-
I love reading all the fulfilled prophesies in Matthew. Vs 6 "In the land of Judah....for out of you will come a ruler who will be the shepherd of my people Isreal." "Out of Egypt I called my son" vs. 15. Vs 18, Rachel weeping for her children and refusing to be comforted, because they are no more. and Vs. 23, "He will be called a Nazarene."

I love too reading the obedience of Joseph. God tells them to GO! They went to Egypt, to Israel, Go to Galilee, go to Nazareth and Joseph faithfully led his family!

No comments:

Post a Comment