Sunday, January 25, 2009

Exodus 1-2 Matthew 25-

Exodus 1-2
Vs 8. then a new king, who did not know about Joseph, came to power in Egypt.

Vs 17. Here's an example of women who disobeyed the Pharaoh because it went against God's laws. He's asked the midwives to kill all boy babies born but instead, "feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live." God then blessed these women with children because they feared God.

This chapter tells of how Moses was born, then raised by an Egyptian. There's no mention of the name Miriam in this passage, it just says Moses' sister.

God hears us :) He heard the Israelites groaning in their slavery and how they cried out for help. (vs 23)

Matthew 25-
This chapter reminds us again of how "we don't know the day or the hour" when the bridegroom will return. (vs 13)

Then we have the parable of the talents. 1 man was given 5, 1 man was given 2, one man was given 1. The men who'd received the most money, put it to work and gained more money! The one who'd received 1 talent buried it in the ground and did nothing with his talent. God's given us talents and abilities and gifts and we need to make sure we're using them, not burying them! Jesus went so far to say that the man was wicked and lazy! (vs 26)

You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. (vs 21)

Then you have Jesus giving us a picture of generosity and care. "when I was hungry you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you visited me." (vs 35-36) When we care for others, it's as if we're caring for Christ Himself! (vs 45).

No comments:

Post a Comment