Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Exodus 5-6 Matthew 27

Exodus 5-6
Pharaoh said "Who is the Lord, that I should obey him? (vs 2) "Make the work harder for the men." Pharaoh did not fear God!

The Israelites who were crying out to God for help, then asked God to to look upon Moses and judge him! Then Moses cries out to God and says "Why have you bought trouble upon this people? Then he said to God "you have not rescued your people at all." WOAH! I'm surprised God didn't strike Moses dead right there!

The Lord said to Moses "Now you will see what I will do to Pharaoh."

God tells Moses to go speak to Pharaoh and Moses says, the Israelites don't listen, why would Pharaoh? Moses in essence, talked back to God!

Lord, help me today to watch my responses, to think before I speak and to make sure that I obey you and do not question when you ask!

Matthew 27-

I can't remember who spoke on this at Compass....
Peter had sinned by doubting Christ, Judas had also sinned by betraying Christ. Peter repented of his sin and was a founder of the churches! Judas, seized with remorse went away and hanged himself! We too need to be careful we don't wallow in our sin and guilt but be prompt to confess it and turn from it!

Jesus standing silent as people accused him of lie after lie...how often am I quick to defend, speak my mind? Too often.

I never noticed this verse before (vs 19) While Pilate was sitting on the judge's seat, his wife sent him this message "Don't have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him." After trying to persuade the crown and saw he was getting nowhere, he washed his hands of the responsibility and released Barabbas.

Jesus was mocked, spat on, his clothes taken, beaten, given bitter drink, then crucified on a cross.

Reading farther in the chapter, we see a great earthquake happened. People who'd died were raised to life, coming out of the tombs. Then, Pilate has Jesus' tomb guarded because they were afraid that Jesus would come back in 3 days as He promised!

God, thank you for sending Christ to die on the cross to pay the price for my sin. Help me to glorify you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment