Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ruth 3-4 John 16-

I love the story of Ruth and how she is such a good example for women to follow! In these 2 chapters, we see her being patient and also humble. Laying at the feet of Boaz then waiting to hear whether or not he was going to marry her I’m sure wasn’t easy for Ruth! You can tell too that Ruth respected Boaz, where he says, “you have not run after the younger men, whether rich or poor”. He also calls her “a woman of noble character.” We also see how God rewarded Ruth for her faithfulness by placing her in the line of Jesus. Vs 17 they named him Obed. He was the father of Jesse, the father of David. The elders had also prayed a blessing on her, that Ruth would be like Rachel and Leah, who together built up the house of Israel (vs 11).

John 16:7
Jesus explains to the disciples how the Holy Spirit can’t come until He has departed and ultimately has paid the penalty for sin. Vs 7 But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. 8When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:
God, I thank you for sending the Holy Spirit to help guide and convict us and intercede for us!
20I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn while the world rejoices. You will grieve, but your grief will turn to joy. 21A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. 22So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.
What a great depiction, the mother giving birth in pain but once the child is born, her anguish turns to joy! I love how vs 22 says “no one will take away your joy”. Nehemiah 8:10b “This day is sacred to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." We can always find joy because “If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31)
33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
Great verse that I’ve memorized! We’re not promised an easy life here on earth, vs 33 says we “WILL” have trouble. Still, God is good and He’s in control and says we can still have peace through times of tribulation. I really enjoyed studying James last year in how we can persevere through trials!

No comments:

Post a Comment