Wednesday, April 29, 2009

John 19- 1 Samuel 5 and 6-

John 19-
Vs 3 they struck him in the face.
I’m always saddened when I read the crucifixion, the gory details of what Christ endured on MY behalf, because of MY sins. God, I’m sorry for my sins and I thank you for the forgiveness you give me daily!

10"Do you refuse to speak to me?" Pilate said. "Don't you realize I have power either to free you or to crucify you?" 11Jesus answered, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin."

21The chief priests of the Jews protested to Pilate, "Do not write 'The King of the Jews,' but that this man claimed to be king of the Jews." 22Pilate answered, "What I have written, I have written."

From this chapter, it seems that Pilate believed that Jesus WAS in fact the Son of God! Just like Pilate, we think we can do things…we don’t acknowledge God or depend on Him or consult Him. We need to give God the glory He deserves and know that He controls our life!

1 Samuel 5 and 6-
I love this chapter how, in the presence of the ark, the Philistines “god” had “fallen on his face on the ground before the ark of the LORD”

1 So they called together all the rulers of the Philistines and said, "Send the ark of the god of Israel away; let it go back to its own place, or it will kill us and our people." For death had filled the city with panic; God's hand was very heavy upon it.

19 But God struck down some of the men of Beth Shemesh, putting seventy of them to death because they had looked into the ark of the LORD. The people mourned because of the heavy blow the LORD had dealt them,

I’ve always been SO curious as to what happened with the ark. God sent plagues and tumors, made cities break out in chaos, and if you looked inside, He killed people for that! I know it was captured but other times when it was captured, they sent it back!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment