Monday, April 20, 2009

John 11- Judges 12-14

Judges 13-
Even before Samson's birth, God had specific rules that the Angels of the Lord gave to his parents. I find it interesting that this passage doesn't say the "wifes" name, she's just Manoahs wife. I think too that it's great that Manoah believed his wifes story and wanted to know more from the Lord so he prayed "8 Then Manoah prayed to the LORD : "O LORD, I beg you, let the man of God you sent to us come again to teach us how to bring up the boy who is to be born."

Judges 14-
This passage with Samsons wife is so sad. It's a great reminder for me not to pressure or nag or bother my husband!!!

16 Then Samson's wife threw herself on him, sobbing, "You hate me! You don't really love me. You've given my people a riddle, but you haven't told me the answer." "I haven't even explained it to my father or mother," he replied, "so why should I explain it to you?" 17 She cried the whole seven days of the feast. So on the seventh day he finally told her, because she continued to press him.

Vs 19 says that the Spirit of the Lord came upon Samson in power. He then killed 30 men. It also says that he was "burning with anger". This verse reminds me of Ephesians 4:26 "In your anger, do not sin".

20 And Samson's wife was given to the friend who had attended him at his wedding.

Does this verse mean that Samson gave his wife away to someone else???

John 11-
What a great passage of scripture where Jesus shows His power to others! Lazarus was sick, Jesus knew in advance he'd died. He comes to Martha and says "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

I thank God for that eternal truth! If I believe in God, I will never die a Spiritual death, I'll continue to live on in Heaven with God!

Both sisters had faith, believing if Jesus had been present during Lazurus' sickness, that Jesus would have been able to heal him. He says to take away the gravestone which people questioned! Jesus says vs 40 "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see he glory of God?" He then prayed to God...such a beautiful prayer (John 11:41-42)

Lazarus came out of the tomb very much alive and not all who witnessed this miracle, put their faith in Jesus!!! How do you see a man raised from the dead, who's been dead for 4 days, and not believe that Jesus is God's Son? What did people think He was???

I also had to point out something SO awesome about Scripture. We know there were 40 different authors and hundreds of years between Genesis and John. Reading today, Jesus went to a Village called "Ephraim" which is the same name mentioned in Judges 12 :)

God I thank you that you hear me, and God that you always hear. I thank you for the scriptures, that we can read them and compare them and understand them and believe in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment