Friday, October 24, 2008

Witnessing Opportunities- Part 2

We went to Target and passed out some more flyers!

There are three women Abby and I talked with! The first woman is new to the area and has twin 20 month olds! Her family has been looking for a church to attend and had heard of Compass when I gave her the flyer! She said they wanted to try out! Compass has so much to offer, we were able to chat about WBS, Thrive, Theology Proper and how we proclaim a Biblical Gospel through reading through the Bible and applying it to our life!

The second woman, we gave her a flyer and she said, "oh we have plans that night". As she went to hand it back (Abby had given it to her, much harder to say no to a two year old!) I said, well if you're not able to make it that night, maybe you'll check out our church, there's lots of info on our flyer! Thinking back to my earlier post this morning, I wrote that people who refuse flyers are the people who might need a flyer the most! I was hoping this would lead to further discussion.....it turns out she goes to Calvary Chapel. Anyhow, that got us to talking about how we're working on being BOLD for Christ :)

The third woman, we talked twice throughout the store. It turns out she and Abby were born on the SAME day! She said she was interested in the Fall Fest and, I gave her my # and email hoping to do a play date where we can talk more!!!

I wrote to our Facebook friend asking for tips too! :) I shared this last night with our group...my friend who's such a great witness and shared with the fed ex man. Our fed ex man came to the door and I couldn't think of a way to converse with him about the Gospel! My mind went BLANK, searching forever to try and come up with a sentence! Usually it's "sign here?. thank you!" How do I work God into conversation? Same thing with the checkers at the stores!!!

Well, I'm off to clean house after a fun morning of trying to be BOLD!

1 comment: